ELPRO 905U-D Wireless Serial Modem is a robust, license-free serial transceiver capable of long-range communications to 20 miles (32 km). Operating at 900 MHz and up to 1W, the ELPRO 905U-D provides high-speed RS-232 and RS-485 connectivity up to 115 kbps, which provides robust and secure two-way wireless serial communications in challenging environments typical of industrial monitoring and control applications.
Capable of high-speed communications with serial devices, the ELPRO 905U-D can communicate using either transparent broadcast mode or a controlled addressed mode. Both offer node-to-node, node–to–multi-node, and repeatability for greater range. Integrated forward error correction maximizes bit error rate, providing greater transmission reliability, and configurable DTR-controlled low-power mode on the RS-232 port aids reduction of overall power consumption. The modem is hazardous area approved, delivering strong resistance in harsh industrial environments.
• 902–928 MHz frequency up to 1W RF power• Frequency hopping spread spectrum to 115.2 kbps
• 50 x 250 kHz channel spacing
• High-speed RS-232 and RS-485 data rate to 115 kbps
• Transparent/simultaneous broadcast and addressable device messaging
• LoS distance to 20 miles (32 kms) in a single hop; unlimited repeatability
• Low power consumption mode with DTR control
• Forward error correction communications (CRC error checking with ARQ)
• Simplistic configuration for AT Hayes commands or Windows®-based software
• Helpful diagnostics include radio signal strength and BER indication